September Hits


One of my favorite type of YouTube videos are creator's monthly "favorites," items/things they are really digging for the previous month. It's always a great way to find new products, places to go, or gain some scathingly brilliant ideas!

Each month I'm going to share some of my favorites AKA hits for adults, babies, animals...whatever I'm loving (including links) so without further ado...

September Hits - For Baby:





We LOVE books!! Early on, my husband and I established a bedtime routine for Maggie--so each night we read one or two books before bed. We also LOVE cats that have spunk and that is precisely what Pete has! Pete has fabulous white shoes that change color from the many fun piles he steps in during the day. Age recommendation is 3-5 years old, however the uber colorful artwork catch any one's eye and the dialogue is easy and fun to follow!




I make it a point to do different developmental activities each day...we are currently in what I like to fondly call, "dexterity boot camp." My mum is a librarian, needless to say owls are a treasured creature in the Wee Mags household. The design of Skip Hop's Explore and More Roll Around Owl is brilliant! The body has easy to grab open spaces and can be held with both hands via a rattle. Side note: If your child is teething or in the early signs of teething, this is your jam--the rubberized detail is perfect for gnawing!



If you would have asked me one year ago if I was going to be a stay at home mom who makes her own baby food, I would have laughed in your face and called you a lunatic! What a difference a year makes!! There will be an entire post on how to make your own baby food, but these 4 ounce Ball Mason Jars are amazing! You make your own baby food, fill up tiny adorable Mason Jar, freeze or refridgerate it, heat up, feed baby. And the icing on the cake, it fits perfectly into many bottle warmers! I love Mason Jars. Period. 


September Hits:






I have an obsession with aviator sunglasses. I also have a horrible habit of scratching the hell out of sunnies. My husband bought me a pair of Coach aviators two years ago for Christmas, they didn't even last 4 months before they were so scratched I had a hard time seeing out of them. Hence and therefore I cannot justify spending a pretty penny on sunglasses. This is where SojoS entered my life. We are talking trendy, tons of styles, and a great price point ($12.99 + Free Shipping if you have Prime)! They also fit petite faces so, so well--you will not have to push these bad boys up your nose! Be sure to check our their Instagram for a discount code to boot! 





Ipsy Glam Bags are a great way of trying new products ranging from makeup to skincare to brushes each month, plus who doesn't like monthly subscriptions that come in a super cute pink envelope? I was introduced to this lovely peachy/rose gold hue with a slight shimmer and it has been my go to "Mom Eyeshadow" look. According to the packaging, "UD's groundbreaking Pigment Infusion System delivers dimensional, blendable, long-lasting color." Enough said! I blend from the corners onto the entire eyelid and you would honestly think that I have applied two perhaps three different shadows to transition my crease...it's that good!




I sometimes feel as if the wonderful folks at Ipsy are reading my mind because I said at the beginning of the month, "I really need to do my research and find a good toner." What arrived not too long after? This miracle in a tube. I have been using this after my morning and evening face cleanse and my skin has never looked so even, bright, hydrated, and luminous! I feel as if my makeup applies and wears better since I have started my daily restorative toning. Epice's formula is not the toner you used when you were in high school. This is like a coming of age, you're in your prime, I get shit done daily...toner. 5 stars!



What's trendier than simplistic jewelry right now? Simplistic bar necklaces, preferably engraved with something of meaning. After doing some extensive searching on Etsy, because these necklaces are everywhere, I purchased from Custom Brites--every piece is handcrafted and personalized items are either engraved using an engraving machine or hand stamped. This is a piece of jewelry that can either be dressed up or down...rock it with a pair of jeans or a dress, it's so simple yet versatile! Not to mention the store has 5 stars and I received my one of a kind (made in the USA) necklace in a little over a week! Do check out their Instagram feed for new products and offers!!




Speaking of Instagram, this is how I found and fell in deep, deep love with Brin and Bell! If you are looking for simplistic, trendy, chic jewelry and at wonderful price points, look no further! Lindsay, the owner of Brin and Bell, creates necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, bangles--all with love. I like to shop small and shop around, so you know I adore a shop when I purchase more than once; I have bought 4 more items since I have received my "Dainty Mags" bracelet! Unsure of what to get the gal who has everything for Christmas...Brin and Bell has you covered! If you are looking for jewelry styling inspiration, especially stacked bracelets, Lindsay does a great job pairing and showcasing her daily stacks via Instagram!



While perusing the aisles at Publix, I was drawn to  brightly colored bottles and the word "sleep." Anything that helps me fall asleep in a more expedited fashion, I am all over. So naturally I picked up two bottles of Neuro's Sleep Sweet Dreams--according the the label this tasty tangerine flavored drink combines the benefits of melatonin with 5-HTP, magnesium, and L-theanine...in other words it's a modern day warm glass of milk. My husband and I each had a bottle while watching Stranger Things and we both fell asleep as soon as we hit the hay, I didn't lie awake making mental lists of things to do, and I woke up without a "hangover" like you would get with Tylenol PM or Benadryl. I've bought a few bottles each week when I go grocery shopping and my husband swears by it!


What are your favorites from this past month? Thanks for reading--and I will see you next month with another list of my hits!

No comments