Candy Apple Pops


Not to sound incredibly "basic," but I LOVE autumn! I love scarves. I love layering clothes. I love the sound of leaves falling from the trees and blowing through the air. I DO NOT love PSL's (I know, egad!). And I absolutely love candy apples!

I don't know what kick started my love for candy apples. Perhaps it was the fact that I grew up in Michigan and Bayne's Apple Valley Farm was the field trip you looked forward to all year or the Mrs. Prindable's Gourmet Caramel Apples my Granny used to order when I was a Wee Mags. Either way...I have an obsession!



Since I am down to my last few pounds of baby weight this recipe I stumbled across on Pinterest seemed like a deliciously legit alternative to drenching an entire apple in chocolate, caramel, and sugary goodness and gobbling it up!

Candy Apple Pops:


The key to a good candy apple is a tart apple--I used Granny Smith and Golden Delicious. Cut slices large enough where you can insert a lollipop stick without it popping out the side. With paper towels, pat the slices dry so that the chocolate and caramel can stick.

Now here's where my scathingly brilliant plan went slightly off track. I was planning on making my own salted caramel sauce, but somehow I completely forgot to get whipping cream while at the grocery store. So plan B came about--using salted caramel candy melts from Hobby Lobby that I had in my baking pantry.

After giving each slice a good sugary bath, let dry on parchment paper. 


While the candy coating in cooling, I chopped up some of my favorite sweet toppings: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut M&M'S...also some salted peanuts! 


I drizzled white chocolate and the remainder of the milk chocolate and salted caramel over the apple segments. Then added the toppings while the chocolate was still warm.




These candy apple pops are sinfully scrumptious--let's just say I did a pretty intense Ashtanga yoga session today to make up for yesterdays gluttony. 

But you know the old saying: "An apple a day keeps the doctor away!" In my opinion, even sugarcoated apples!!



These were a super easy treat to make, I knocked them out (including dishes) while the little doll was down for her afternoon nap! What are your favorite autumnal confectionery delights?

No comments