Spooktacular Salted Caramel Sauce Cake Pops



TGIF and Happy Friday, friends!! 

We have a busy festival filled weekend coming up! On Saturday we are heading to Lilburn Daze and bright and early Sunday morning we are picking up my mom and heading to North Georgia for the Georgia Apple Festival!!

I was flipping through my Taste of the South Holiday Baking Magazine the other night and came across (TONS of recipes) a super savory recipe for a salted caramel sauce. 

I've never actually made my own caramel sauce, and what better way to enjoy some fresh Georgia apples than in a delicious dipping sauce, so I thought I'd give it a whirl...two words, simple and delectable! 



I picked up these "Spooky Sprinkles" about a month ago at TJ Maxx and have been dying (no pun intended) to use them. What better excuse than some salted caramel drizzled cake pops!




  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream at room temp
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
In a saucepan, mix sugar and water. Let it boil over medium heat, WITHOUT stirring...you just want to stick a spoon in there and stir, but don't do it! Instead use a brush dipped in water and ring the sides of the pan to prevent a sticky sugary buildup. Once the sugar water mixture starts boiling it will change to a beautiful golden tan hue; at this point take off the heat and add the butter, cream, and salt. It's going to bubble like a cauldron, FYI--let cool to room temperature before using.

I poured mine into a Ball Mason Jar for easy storage! Yum!!



Cake Pops:

  • Cake mix
  • Lollipop sticks
  • Chocolate of your choice
  • Sprinkles


Super simple, whip up a cake recipe...I just used a vanilla cake mix I had in the pantry.



I use the Baby Cakes Cake Pop Maker. It's like a waffle iron for cake pops.


Let this bad boy heat up and start filling the round reservoirs.


Don't be an asshole, the clean up is killer. I find that a tablespoon in each little basin is a perfect amount. 

Let bake for 5 minutes, viola...cake balls!


Melt chocolate, dip end of lollipop stick into chocolate, stick into cake ball, and let cool--this acts like glue for the stick and cake.


Next, take your cake ball on a stick and roll it around the melted chocolate. Gently tap stick to remove any excess candy. Let them solidify "standing up." I have always used an old egg crate for this process, but I've heard that a Styrofoam block works much better.


Drizzle with salted caramel sauce.


Add sprinkles of your choice.


Refrigerate the cake pops until all candy coatings have completely hardened.


The salted caramel sauce adds just another decadent layer of flavor to these sweet pastries and the sprinkles give it a great fall baking vibe!!



Let them eat cake...pops!! 

No comments